Why do you need a motorcycle registration renewal in Philadelphia?

In order to be allowed to driver your motorcycle after your registration is expired, you will need to get a registration renewal in Philadelphia. In this article we will guide you on how to register your motorcycle, including tips and conditions. If your motorcycle registration has expired by less than 3 months, you will need a motorcycle registration renewal in Philadelphia. A motorcycle can be registered in three categories:

  • Standard motorcycle
  • Recreational motorcycle
  • Farm motorcycle

For each category there are specific rules that need to be followed and conditions in order to get your registration renewal in Philadelphia. We will try to cover each one a little so you can have a clear view which one you need.

Standard motorcycle registration renewal – This registration is usually in the name of an individual or a corporation such as company etc. If you are looking for an individual registration you will have to be 18 years or older first. You will have to own a motorcycle driver’s license, and the proof of ownership. On the other hand, if you are looking to register as a company you will have to have a proof of ownership of the company, or an authorization to register the motorcycle in the name of the firm.

Recreational motorcycle registration renewal – This registration allows you to drive your motorcycle in defined areas without obliging you to have a full registration. This is perfect if you live in a suburban area so you wont have to get a full registration to drive across country. The minimum requirements for this kind of registration are to:

  • Have a rear vision mirror fitted to the right hand side
  • Brakes fitted to both wheels, capable of working independently if one fails
  • One head lamp
  • One rear red tail lamp
  • One rear red brake lamp
  • Not to be louder than 94 Dba
  • A horn to notify or warning device
  • A chain guard

Farm motorcycle registration renewal – The farm motorcycle registration renewal in Philadelphia allows you to ride a motorcycle within a 25 kilometers radius from your farm without having full registration. In order to apply for this type of registration you will have to be 18 years old, and be a holder of an appropriate motorcycle license. What is important here is that:

  • All lighting used must be intended for use on motorcycles
  • If a battery is fitted to the motorcycle, an integrated charging system such as an alternator is required
  • Magneto driven lights are acceptable only if a battery is not fitted

If you have more questions about our motorcycle registration renewal in Philadelphia, please call us at 1 215 744 1332 or email us at [email protected]. We are looking forward to hearing from you!